cajun pawn stars and bees on tv

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverrat, Jan 15, 2012.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Heres a heads up cajun pawn stars showed a preview of an up coming episode. The pawn broker is going to buy into bees says there is a lot of money to be made. Didnt catch the date it was to air but I got to find out the secret he has for making a lot of money with bees

2. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

From history.com:

3. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

someone is fixin' to loose they proverbial butts...

4. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Just like any investment. Buy low and sell high=profit.

5. riverrat

riverrat New Member

All I know once I get the secret Im going to put it to use and make millions. Takin you all on a trip around the world once the money arrives :beg: :Dancing: :thumbsup:

6. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

Yep I been waitin to see the secret he has as well, so far all I have learned about makin a small fortune with honeybees is .............................start with a large fortune :lol:

7. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

I asked a guy I used to work with that raised cattle how he managed to make any money. Fences, feed, equipment, etc., had to be expensive and beef at the sale goes for a low price on the hoof. He said, "Well, you need to have a good job."

8. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Get someone to pay you to be on Cajun Pawn Stars.

9. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

There you go! :thumbsup: :lol: :rolling: :rotfl:

10. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

This show is on tonight at 9:30pm central time, on the history channel. Jack

11. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Guess we are out of luck on the secret :dash1:

12. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

I didn't see any money being made? It looked like the Pawn Broker was going to buy some honey and "make lots of money" selling honey at the store. But we never saw that.

The Show made money by teasing Beekeepers and friends of beekeepers into watching the Show. That's how you make money w/ beekeeping.

I wonder who the outfit was? Looked kinda junky from what little one could see. Supers full of feeders laying around for bees to rob from? And it wasn't honey harvesting time, was it? I can't seriously imagine the beekeepers uncapping their honey w/ a cappings fork and using that old hand crancked extractor out in an open shed. The guy didn't really look like he knew how to use a cappings fork. Not like he was going to uncap his whole crop that way.

Just the way I saw it.

13. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

mark writes:
    Not like he was going to uncap his whole crop that way.

tecumseh:
    well you are talking about southern Louisiana???

14. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Huh? Meaning what? From what the beekeeper said, he makes as much honey per col as I do. and, if he sends bees to CA for almond pollination he must be running more hives than me. And I wouldn't want to uncap my whole crop w/ a fork the way he showed. I'd be more enthusiastic about it.

15. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

The frame of honey looked like it came from the brood chamber (dark comb). The extractor looked like the old galvanized hand crank type? Didn't look like there was millions of dollars to made to me. :lol: Jack

16. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

When was this segment produced? $1.35 to $1.50 honey? Darkness and flavor? I thought it looked kinda dark. What kind of honey might it have been, considering where it was produced?

17. riverrat

riverrat New Member

I was one of the smart ones I stayed up late and watched it rebroadcast thinking they would tell a different story. nope they sticking to the 2 million dollar operation and a kid broker thinking bees and honey are worth a lot of money. And I cant figure out why my wife says Im not real bright at times. whish she could explain herself better :D :yahoo:

18. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

mark writes:
    Huh? Meaning what? From what the beekeeper said, he makes as much honey per col as I do.

tecumseh:
    perhaps you need to live there a bit to get a feel for the folks that live there??? and you thought us Texans could stretch a story a bit? well we learned the art from the folks in southern El-lay. I really doubt than anyone in Louisiana could produce an equivalent level of honey as you might in New York.... unless of course they had strategic locations near one of the areas sugar plants (in which case total yield per hive might not even be measurable).

19. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

The whole show was crap. It put a bad light on beekeeping for the public to see.

Since the capping scratcher, old hand crank galvanized extractor, and the supers all laying around was already mentioned, I add some more.

200 hundred stings per day.......that should promote beekeeping.

Honey being called "Bee puke".....that should promote beekeeping.

What a joke that was. I think the producers were sitting around thinking of things to do a show about, and someone mentioned bees. And these were probably local boys that the pawn guys knew.

2 million dollars. Yeah that's right. We are all millionaires. That is great for the public to think as we beg for assistance with all the bee problems.

Think about it. If you were on national television and had someone coming out to evaluate your business, and you knew all the other beekeepers and friends, would be seeing this show, is this the best you could do? Supers laying around. An ancient extractor. What idiots.

20. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

I don't think that 2 million dollars spoke about what the business was worth, just that the owner wouldn't sell it for less than that. It was worth that to him, not that he would spend that much for it.