Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's not too many of us up here in the great plains of Nebraska, but I done heared of a couple little fat fellers down in cajunland that have accounts here (J.P. , Shawee).

Any others around can come on out the woodwork and set a spell. I'll toos out what chairs and stumps that's a layin about.

tell me about that big colony that might or might not have got away.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I remember asking a while back if there were any "cajuns" on here, no response. Cajuns roots are actually from here in Nova Scotia.
Acadians were rounded up when the french and english were fighting. They wouldn't declare allegiance to either country (they wanted to be left alone) so they were expulsed. Many ran south and "Acadians" became "Cajuns" for short.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Y'all would probably put me in the Yankee Box, but I gotta ask a dumb question. Where are the hills in cajun country from which the cajun hillbillys would come from? When I lived in WVA, hillbillys were obvious and properly identified as such. Same was true when I lived in Western NC. iddee might be a *******, not that I call him that. But, knowing where he lives, in the Piedmont of NC, I wouldn't call him a hillbilly.

I'd love to meet some cajuns here too. Ted K., over on beesource, has invited me for jumbalaya and crawdads, but he might be the only cajun or close to one that I have met.

Bonton y'all.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Actually, I think if you will do a search or two, you will find that the original hillbillies were Wisconsin farmers.

Why not, Sqkcrk? I'm more ******* than Jeff Foxworthy, and proud of it. :D

·
Registered
840 Posts
Iddee said:
Why not, Sqkcrk? I'm more ******* than Jeff Foxworthy, and proud of it. :D
Why not? Just because I resist putting people in boxes/categories unless they id themselves that way. Cultural sensitivity? Gun shy? Don't like to be categorized myself, because then people jump to conclusions.

Besides, I might be a ******* too, as much as I work outdoors. :) But i know it ain't that simple.

R U a red dirt red neck, iddee?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
According to noted ******* expert, Jeff Foxworthy, the definition of a ******* is a glorious lack of sophistication. Things like:

Sophisticated men take their date to a fancy restaurant, then to the theater, then dancing in an upscale nightclub.
******* men spray paint your name on an overpass.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Big Bear said:
even if you're not a hillbilly sqk, we'll make ya an honorary one just for stickin with us
I appreciate the hospitality, Big Bear. Too bad I never get out your way. Most of my travels are south and north. Hardly ever west and east. Visited iddee once. Should do that again.

iddee, R U having a mtng in March? Or sometime in Feb.?

Hey Big Bear,
Do you know Beekeeper Michael Bush? He's from out your way, isn't he? He's going to be a Speaker at our Fall Mtng here in NY.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Scheduled Meetings to date:

March 9-10, 2012 NCSBA Spring Meeting in Morganton, NC

July 12-14, 2012 NCSBA Summer Meeting in Lumberton, NC

1 - 20 of 24 Posts