Camcorder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marbees, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Marbees

Marbees Member

Wondering what would be a nice camcorder to make beeyard videos. Nothing expensive, $500 tops.
    Thanks

2. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

3. Marbees

Marbees Member

Thanks efmesch, I am not very techy kind of guy, and was hoping to get some names/models from fellow beekeepers, so I would save some time internet shoping:grin:
    It looks like I'll have to read more than I planned, no easy/lazy way.:grin:

4. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

The last time I was in the US (about 1/2 year ago) I spent about 10 hours studying up on the internet toward the purchase of a digital compact camera. Every minute invested was worth its' weight in gold---I found a superb camera for a very reasonable price. Have been using it since then and have no regreats whatsoever. (For that matter, the camera can also take videos.)
    You won't regret being the one to make the final decision based on your own investigations and not on those of a salesman or even a friend who might have different desires than yours.
    Shopping on the internet is so unhurried and relaxed when compared to starting from scratch in a store. :grin:

5. Marbees

Marbees Member

Just found that my Canon G11, I bought three years ago in Miami can make movies. Limited to 640x480, but hey, what about my limitations:frustrated::oops:

6. pturley

pturley New Member

Depends on the level of resolution wanted...

Most online videos are low enough resolution that a mid-range digital camera (both stills and movies) or even high end phone cameras work just fine.

If I wanted to create a personal archieve (IE: my kids) or produce something to distribute, then I might look at a dedicated video camera.

Be sure to check the site "fattwallet" for the coupons and the best deals... I usually check here prior to nearly any electronics purchases.

7. Charles

Charles New Member

We just picked up a cannon vixia hf r300 about a month ago and it has worked great for us. We chose this one because of the shake correction. Our hands are not as steady as they used to be :) and it was only about $300 at Sams Club and Best Buy:

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Vixia-Memory-Camcorder-Advanced/dp/B006UMMP2I

I think they had some that had longer lasting batteries but at twice the cost.

8. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

So what's your excuse for not flooding the forum with pictures and great videos of your beekeeping endeavors and family pics? :wink: :mrgreen:

9. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

I wouldn't want to overload the servers and prevent everyone else from getting their fair share of the forum. :grin:
    DSC00011.JPG The truth is, I'd go nuts--uploading this pic took me about half an hour.:frustrated: