I took advantage of one of the last warm days we will most likely see in Central Indiana today, in the high 60's. I was going to wait until the end of November to place the candy boards on but I don't want to open the hives when it will certainly be cold. I wore my bee suit but had a short sleeve on underneath. No smoke. I received one friendly reminder from one of the girls under my left bicep through my suit that they are still stinging insects that are protecting their home. That skin there is sensitive but didn't get quite as large of reaction as I would have without the suit. It was my 5th sting or so this first season of mine. Each sting has has caused less reactions. The reaction site wasn't even worth taking a photo... Anyway, here are some pictures I took today. The first one is the one that gave me the love. The fourth one is usually my hot hive but most productive. All of the hives had a good amount of bees but the fourth one was the strongest. It took a total of maybe an hour to cut the candy frames and 1/4" mesh over the last week. I mixed the candy and filled the frames in less than 45 minutes. I ended up using rubber gloves and mixing by hand. I left an area for pollen patties that I will use between late December and February. 16 pounds of sugar, 3 cups of warm water mixed with 1 tablespoon of white vinegar. Stapled 1/4 mesh to bottom and lined with wax paper. Drilled a 5/8" hole for ventilation and a 2nd exit. I placed shims on the top bars to help hoist the 16+ pounds of sugar board.