candy receipe

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by ronsin, Feb 16, 2012.

1. ronsin

ronsin New Member

have just been making up some candy from receipe as posted by perrybee.i followed recepie checking temp. etc but candy has gone solid anyone any idea what could be wrong or is that how you use it in the states.<wife rekons im a rotten cook anyway.suppose the bees will agree with her>

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Hi ronsin:

Could you refresh my memory :oops: as per candy recipe? Was this a link I provided for fondant? Even fondant will get hard over time but the bees can still make use of it.

3. ronsin

ronsin New Member

hi there perrybee. yes receipe was from a link posted on your site wife suggested adding glycerine to keep it soft but i dont know if it woud be compatable with the bees by the way have just been reading your blogs found them very intresting and great reading look forward to reading more cheers matey

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

what is wrong with solid candy?

rock candy I am quite certain the bees will consume.

5. Robo

Robo New Member

6. ronsin

ronsin New Member

thanks for your replies guys .will go ahead and feed hard candy to bees . over here in uk everyone insists that candy should be soft quoting that bees need to be able to access water to dilute hard candy which is a problem when weather is cold. howeverif hard candy is good enough for youguys its good enough for me thanks again

7. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member