Captured swarm from FDACS observation hive

Discussion in 'Bees' started by Americasbeekeeper, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member

The observation hive swarmed yesterday in the rain from the Apiary Inspection Division. We hived them this morning.
    Ryan_w_swarm.jpg things_r_looking_up.jpg
    If you want to know if you can catch swarms in Florida Cathy or I will answer the phone, but a picture is worth a thousand words. Ryan is on the ladder. Ryan inspects for several of the northern counties around I75 and I 10 and south.

2. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

You need to have 3 hands for such a capture.

One to hold the branch, one to hold the secateurs and one to hold the ladder. .:grin:

3. Americasbeekeeper

Government has rules for everything. In this case one to hold the ladder, and one to record everything if it goes wrong and call 911. At least there was no stack of paperwork for this adventure. Ryan and I both shake or brush bees. We do not cut the limb. You cannot use the upper steps for State work and Ryan is a little short so we actually switched places, which is not pictured. That is an illusion or airbrush error. I would never work bees without a veil. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

4. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

I count at least 3 Public Employees. One to hold the ladder, one to go up, one to take the photo and how many to observe and make suggestions ? .:grin:

5. Americasbeekeeper

The bees frightened the observers off!