Carni Queens

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by larry tate, Oct 2, 2011.

1. larry tate

larry tate New Member

Have 2 Carni queens for $20 ea. Can Mail out Mon. 336 788 4554

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

I obtained a small batch of Carni queens a couple of years ago from another bee keeper (honey run apiaries I think it was) and I very much liked these queens. some folks report that they swarm excessively late in the season but I never really noticed this trait myself. if I was a northern bee keeper (god forbid) I suspect Carnis would be my breed of choice.

3. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

I have the Carni breed, (debatable? i'm with rat on this) they tend to build up fast in the spring and are pron to swarm more than other breeds i've had. They are gentle to work with and good honey producers.Larry, do you raise queens to sell in the spring? i don't need any now but will next year. Jack

4. larry tate

larry tate New Member

Yes we raise in the spring and have both the Italians, Carnis and Waynes Queens The Waynes are some Idee introduced us to. They have not been treated since 2001.

5. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Correction. I have had them since 2001. They have never been treated since the mite got here. I can trace them back to the 1970's.

6. Brandon0101

Brandon0101 New Member

Larry do you still have one of the queens left? if so please give me a call at 336-953-6725