Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if it was the fertilizer I used or what,but I found these when we picked a wheelbarrow full carrots from the last of the winter garden.

100_1371.jpg 100_1366.jpg 100_1365.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
From your winter garden you say,------they must have been trying to keep each other warm. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I love growing carrots! Wow you got a whole boatload there!

I find if I dig the soil loose and deep when planting carrots, they grow down straighter. But the romantic ones are cute too!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
If these came out of PerryBees neck of the woods, I'd say they were trying to keep each other warm, but Florida? You don't, by any chance, have your garden next to a nuclear power plant, do you?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Those are always fun. A year or so ago, I had a carrot that was definitely male *if you know what I mean*.

This year I have seeds for round carrots, which should be fun. You crowd them intentionally, and they end up as little spheres.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I just bought seed for mixed color carrots- mixed up with orange, red, yellow, and purple. Should be nice when harvested young and cut in little strips for salad.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just bought seed for mixed color carrots- mixed up with orange, red, yellow, and purple. Should be nice when harvested young and cut in little strips for salad.

Where did you get those carrot seeds Omie?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts