Catch him before he passes the mark

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by efmesch, May 11, 2013.

1. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

How does the forum celebrate the event when a bearded poster passes the 5000 mark?
    His posts are: informative, educational, interesting, encouraging, humorous, well worded, friendly and much much more. Before he passes this milestone, I think he deserves a few words of praise and thanks.
    Let's hear it for Perry THREE CHEERS! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

How about when he gets to 4,999 I turn off his posting privilege for a week. He will be climbing the walls wanting to hit the big one.

:thumbsup: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

3. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

C'mon Iddee---you couldn't afford to do that. If Perrry wouldn't be seen posting on the forum for one day the uproar on the forum would be like a hive of Africanized bees getting ready to get out and attack. :ranting::frustrated:
    :telephone:You'd have us all calling in for lack of interesting posts.

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Thanks Perry for being one of the regulars on here and keeping things going with all of your input :thumbsup:

Lots of great post for sure!

5. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

I would add inspirational to that list as well, Ef!

For he's a jolly good bearded fellow,
    for he's a jolly good bearded fellow,
    for he's jolly good bearded fellow!
    That nobody can deny! :thumbsup:

6. litefoot

litefoot New Member

Perry is one of the obvious reasons this forum is better than the others. Here's wishing you a Merry Perry Day!:yahoo:

7. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

thanks for just being here Perry...

this board would not be what it is without your participation....

8. jim314

jim314 New Member

I agree, Perry is one of the reasons this forum is the one I check into. He makes this a friendly place that I like to visit.

9. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

"How does the forum celebrate the event when a bearded poster passes the 5000 mark?
    His posts are: informative, educational, interesting, encouraging, humorous, well worded, friendly and much much more. Before he passes this milestone, I think he deserves a few words of praise and thanks.
    Let's hear it for Perry THREE CHEERS!
    "

"Perry is one of the obvious reasons this forum is better than the others."

"Thanks Perry for being one of the regulars on here and keeping things going with all of your input"

"I would add inspirational to that list as well, Ef!"

"Perry is one of the obvious reasons this forum is better than the others."

"thanks for just being here Perry...
    this board would not be what it is without your participation...."

"Perry is one of the reasons this forum is the one I check into. He makes this a friendly place that I like to visit. "

absolutely. all of the above and more; humor, wisdom, intuitive thoughts.....my thanks to you perry, and most of all thanks for your friendship.....:grin:

10. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Wow, 5000 posts. Great job Perry, and thanks for sharing your vast (and half vast) knowledge. It's a pleasure to know you.

11. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Most fitting gunsmith, that your 1000th post was a "thanks" to Perry after he called attention to your landmark. Mutual good feelings make THE Beekeeping Forums the great site that it is.:thumbsup:

12. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

My thoughts too, ef. I thought that was a rather appropriate venue for my 1000th.

13. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Thank you my friends. :oops:
    Your comments are most appreciated.
    I have to say though, that this forum does more for me than I could ever hope to do for it.
    I was extremely fortunate to have discovered the world of honey bees years ago, pretty much when I needed to most. It had a tremendous effect on me.
    I have probably never focused on anything more (family excepted of course). I can't seem to get enough.
    I have always envied people who had a clear sense of direction of where they want to go with their lives from an early age. I was never one of those. My employment history is among as scattered as they come. You name it, I've probably tried it. Nothing held my interest for very long.
    Then came bees...........................
    And then I discovered this place.........................

14. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

Perry, I did not see this post sooner. But I among those that need to give you a personal think you. Your comments on my neekeeping as well as some of my specific situations have helped tremendously. It has been a challenging first year for me. But thanks to you and several other active and knowledfgable members I have made it through. I have even harvested my first honey for the year. Not much but for me it counts. My yard has grown from 5 colonies to 11 in the past two weeks. I could never have managed with the countless comments you have made on one subject or another. I may have read somethign you wrote long ago and never taken the time to acknowledge the guidance it provided. but it happens every day. My deep appreciation for the time you have taken to make over 5000 of those here on this group alone.

15. kebee

kebee Active Member

Congratulations Perry, I will have to dido all comments here, you have given me great help in beekeeping, thanks.

kebee

16. markles

markles New Member

Congratulations Perry.:thumbsup: 5000 posts would fill a book - and that would make for some intuitive reading. Feel proud - you have helped many in need of direction.

Mark

17. Ray

Ray Member

:thumbsup: Thumbs up, Perrybee:thumbsup:

:rolling:thanks for sharing your vast (and half vast) knowledge:rolling:
    Good one gunsmith!

18. litefoot

litefoot New Member

I guess I'm pretty slow. I just now grasped the "half vast" thing.

19. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Congrats Perry! Now, if we could turn those points into to cash...