Caught a ""swarm""?? tonight.

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Iddee, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Had a call from a young lady saying they had a ball of bees on a fence post and another on the ground. I went to look, and found about 25 bees on the post and another 75 or so on the ground. Maybe a half cup, total. It would have been a total wasted trip except for one BIG thing. When I got there, father and daughter pointed to the post where they were. They wouldn't go over to it. They wanted them gone before they killed all the horses.

Before I left, both were picking up bees and placing them on the landing board. The young lady even took a sting while picking one up and laughed about it. The PR more than paid for the trip. :D

I set them next to another hive and will dump them out in front of it in the morning, for them to join it. Happy convertees, safe bees = Good trip.

2. Omie

Omie New Member

Great story!

3. riverrat

riverrat New Member

you the pr man of the day :thumbsup:

4. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Killed all the horses????

I run into the same thing every day. People watch too many movies. Good job on the PR.

5. JPthebeeman

JPthebeeman New Member

So how many horses did they kill? :mrgreen:

Be careful with those there bees Iddee! :yahoo:

Great job man!

...JP

6. 2kooldad

2kooldad New Member

lmbo....ummmm....well ya made some converts....ida like to have seen your face when you bent over an had to squint to see the ''swarm'' of horse killers....you know you laughed...admit it :)