Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built a couple of of cedar boxes today for my wife and was really pleased with they way they turned out. If you were looking for a good cedar box for flowers, this one is much cheaper and fairly easy to build. A box like this at Home Depot or Lowes is around $35-43 and I was able to buy material to make two of them for the $50 dollar range using 7/8" by 4 (3-1/2") boards.

If want something on the more economical side, I made some smaller width cedar planters a couple of weeks ago. They are super easy and cheap to build. I simply use $1.95 cedar dog ear fence boards. You can bake them as long or short as you like. It takes 2 boards to make a decent sized box like the one I built which is 30" long.

Wood Road surface Asphalt Floor Flooring Wood Rectangle Composite material Hardwood Wood stain Wood Yellow Rectangle Wood stain Floor Wood Hardwood Vehicle Composite material Automotive exterior Outdoor bench Wood Outdoor furniture Street furniture Hardwood
Wood Flooring Tool Hardwood Gas Wood Flooring Floor Hardwood Plank Wood Wood stain Flooring Hardwood Rectangle

Attachments

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
For a wood worker, that may be good. For me, it means you saved about 10.00 each to pay for your labor. The way I like working wood, I wouldn't put them together for 50.00 apiece. The only nail I can drive with a hammer resides on my left thumb. :thumbsup: :eek:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha! Gotta watch those thumbs. The advantage here is that they are bigger and much better quality construction. The bonus, I like working with wood...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Made a couple for my wife for flowers along the fence I built to help hide the outside wood burning stove. LOL Tom

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Geez Dave.

Must be nice to have enough bee woodenware that you can waste time making things for your wife.:lol: ... Just kidding, good looking stuff:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which one did ya make Tm?

Gun, I was trying to win brownie points...I would rather be making woodenware,,,ha!

·
Registered
983 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts