Cheap extractors

Discussion in 'Products of the Hive' started by Gypsi, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

I have a horrible time matching schedules for the bee club extractor. Barely made it in from East Texas in order to return it the last time and it sat on my table unused for a week. Has anyone bought a cheap extractor off ebay? I might get 3 gallons of honey a year but crush and strain sets my ladies to redoing comb every year so I would like to be able to extract. . I am looking at Vivo honey extractors on Ebay for around $110 - anyone ever buy one?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  2. ibeelearning

ibeelearning Member

3. paint504

paint504 Member

http://www.maxantindustries.com/extractors.html. I bought a maxant and I can say their quality is top notch plus it's built in the USA. I find it's always better to spend the extra bucks and get something that's going to last forever than a piece of s*** that will give you problems in the long run.

4. ibeelearning

ibeelearning Member

5. camero7

camero7 Member

Have to agree with Paint. Spend the $ and get a Maxant. Can't go wrong. It will last forever and you can sell it later for close to what you paid for it.

6. Gypsi

for the moment I am not spending a nickel, they are maybe 1/4 of the way capped on that honey. I think I have time to research, and that Maxant is the same price as the Dadant (if not going for one of the imported models) just their standard 2 frame like the bee club extractor I've been borrowing. That thing has a lot of mileage on it and is still running. Stole some brood instead of stealing their honey, the bees, all the bees, have suddenly found a flow.

Maxant better than Dadant?

7. Gypsi

forget the Maxant "will not accept deep frames" That may be a factor on the cheap ones too, but I know the Dadant will.