Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the best/least expensive beesuit for children? This would be for an 11 yr old... I have seen many... tough to decide.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
In my opinion??? An adult, small dadant jacket. Let the kid wear jeans and boots, with large rubber bands around the ankles. Buy a kid's suit and you will have to do it again in two years.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking just that... perhaps I will go that route... hope it fits the 6 yr old twins too =)

Thank you sir!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I don't have a child's suit, but it would be a good idea to start a "circulation" of lightly used childrens' suits. My friends and I pass around kids' wet suits and life jackets, and it is a great thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought my 12 year old daughter a bee jacket/veil for $26 on ebay. *It came in two days and is new. *It is a very nice quality suit and size S fits her perfectly. *She wears a 14/16 in kids. *

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Hello heatherhoneabee: :hi:

I see this is your first post. Welcome to our friendly forum. You will find this is a great place to pick up valuable information and have fun in the process.
If you feel like it (and are not shy) introduce yourself in the introduction thread and you may find that there are other members close to you that may have more pertinent info for keeping bees in your area.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I picked up a youth jacket from Pigeon Mountian Trading for $35. The zips are plastic but seems to be decent build quality and the breast pocket has some nice, real, embroidery. It's much nicer than the $30 jacket I bought for myself from Pigeon Mountain. We'll be buying one more at least.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts