Club Christmas Party

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by brooksbeefarm, Dec 17, 2010.

1. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Had our Bee club Christmas party last night, had a good turn out 82 of our 140 members showed up( temp. in the lower twenties).We had a good catered meal and i got to visit with several new members. My 86 year old buddy ( Howard Wimmer) got beekeeper of the year award :thumbsup: . He mentors alot of new beekeepers and takes care of all the politics of setting up our booth at the Ozark Empire Fair. We take gifts and they are passed out after our meal,everyone gets one (not the one you brought) you open your gift and show everyone what you got,if someone wants what you've got,you have to sing a Christmas carol to keep it, or you have to trade. No one challenged me for my gifts, :confused: and i had some good stuff too. :mrgreen:We elected club officers and those who wanted could pay their $15.00 yearly club dues.Everyone had a good time. Hope your club party was, or will be as good. Jack

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

We had ours on the 6th (we meet on the first monday of each month) and about 30 people showed up, not a very good turn out. We did the gift exchange as well, I got a bees wax candle. I like the singing idea to keep your gift, sounds like fun.

3. Hobie

Hobie New Member

If I sang, everyone would give me their gift just to make me shut up!

4. aromaworks

aromaworks New Member

This is a cute idea! I think that I will try this holiday for my Club Christmas Party with my friends 7 family! Thanks