Coffee News

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PerryBee, Jun 26, 2012.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

We have a weekly publication in the area, just a one page coffee news type circular that gives you something to read with your morning java.
    An article caught my eye and I thought I'd share it.

No Honey
    Honey wasn't on the menu, but that didn't stop a huge swarm of bees from landing too close for comfort at the Back Thorn restaurant in downtown Ottawa, Canada.
    Bartender James Gallant speculated the bees were re-hiving, which would explain the bee convention. Police were called and a portion of the nation's capitol city was evacuated and cordoned off for about half an hour during the noon rush. The bees, which had gathered on several bikes parked beside the restaurant, eventually swarmed to a nearby garbage bin, where an insecticide had to be used to control them.

"Control"?
    Honest, I am not making this up. Ottawa is our nation's capitol (where all the smart governmental decisions are made) :roll:
    Good thing our government doesn't take this tact when trying to control it's people.

2. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Ironic, I just mentioned in chat you should have some coffee. Too bad they didn't have someone like us around the police department to intercept. I have been tendered department bee wrangler. I may just keep extra equipment at work next swarm season to have ready. Better yet, talk them into buying the equipment for me.

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

4. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

dave said:
    " Too bad they didn't have someone like us around the police department to intercept. I have been tendered department bee wrangler. I may just keep extra equipment at work next swarm season to have ready. Better yet, talk them into buying the equipment for me."

perry's reply:
    "I can see it now, Officer Dave roars up to the scene of a domestic dispute and was last seen rooting around in the trunk moving supers out of the way to get at the armament!
    "
    :lol:

dave your department needs to buy you a bee truck, like the swat team uses:lol:

5. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Yes! I like the way you all think! If this would have been me, I coud have rescued myself..
    bee-swat-team.jpg

6. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

oh my stars! i can hear it now from the police radio "WHERE'S DAVE" :rotfl:
    dave, what's the code for 'bee wrangler'?:lol: