Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone grow and roast their own coffee??

I have a heap of berrries from my bush that I am now processing

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I don't drink it either, love the smell of it but it gives me the shakes.

Don't drink carbonated drinks either (pop or soda for some), maybe a half dozen cans in a year if that.

Water (lots of it), sweet tea and milk is about all I drink, no alcohol for the last 21 years and counting.

G3

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I do have some.............

farming
cattle
bees
welding and fabrication
tools
this dumb computer

I left all of that other stuff behind years ago.

G3

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
I've got enough vices to make up for the others, ****. I drink coffee, tea, beer, whiskey, wine, mead, soda pop, creek water, whatever is wet when I'm thirsty. It's the volume of each that I watch, unlike a few years ago.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More like gringing my teeth :mrgreen:

Gotta roast em first. My whole set up is like I imagine Noah's would have been when the floods receded... Now how do I make a nice cup of coffee.. mmmmm.... with difficulty it would seem. He must have really liked coffee or Mrs noah kicked him out of bed saying "your turn to make the coffee". :lol:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hi ****, I considered roasting raw beans but after some consideration to the cost and hassle I decided against it. I purchase whole beans from a nice coffee shop that prides it's self on not having any roasted beans older than 3 days. I think that's good enough. We do grind our beans and that is certainly worth the effort. We have given up other bad habits so the trade off is really good coffee.

I brought back some coffee from Costa Rica that was out of this world. It was from an estate, not that crummy
Brita brand that they sell in all the supers down there. That was probably the best coffee I have ever had, and I kept it in the freezer for 11 months so that we would have it for Christmas. I'd love to get hold of some of that again.

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
srvfantexasflood said:
I brought back some coffee from Costa Rica that was out of this world. It was from an estate, not that crummy Brita brand that they sell in all the supers down there. That was probably the best coffee I have ever had, and I kept it in the freezer for 11 months so that we would have it for Christmas. I'd love to get hold of some of that again.
Agreed, my wife would bring back the best coffee I have ever tasted from Costa Rica, I always hated to see her go but I know what she'd have when she came back :) There are some mail order places out of there that I've been thinking of trying...

·
Registered
929 Posts
Mama Beek-You might be able to grow coffee, but quality would be probably be an issue. Does anybody know of any quality coffee grown in the US?

Oh joy! My local roaster is having a fall sale on roasted coffee. I plan on stocking up and freezing a few extra pounds. I am enjoying a morning cup of Brazilian origin as I type. Delicious.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I now have about 3 litres of green beand that I have yet to roast from this year's crop. Will probably freeze them and roast them next year :thumbsup:

Dont know how they will go but anything is worth a try

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I am going to have to learn more about growing and roasting coffee. It just sounds too interesting not to. Let us know how yours come out ****.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The flowers for next years crop are opening now.. beautiful sprays of delicate white flowers. Will have to take a pic and post it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts