Comb Built Between Frames, What do I do?

Discussion in 'Beekeeping 101' started by HiveMind, Apr 22, 2012.

1. HiveMind

HiveMind New Member

I installed my first package a week ago with the queen's opening facing parallel to the frames. So, I was only able to fit in 9 frames and the extra space with the queen's box has bee built out before I could fix it. I didn't want to mess with it too much because i imagine the queen is in there. What should I do?

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Remove the wild comb. The longer you wait, the worse it will be.

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Hi HiveMind:

I see this is your first post so let me say WELCOME :hi: to our friendly forum. You have found a great resource here.
    Like Iddee says, carefully remove the wild comb, as well as the queen cage if it's still in there.
    If you get a chance, introduce yourself on the introduction thread, you never know, you may have a member that lives not far away to help you out if need be. A mentor is worth their weight in gold. :wink:

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Yep, remove the wild comb and queen cage. Be sure to push all of the frames together tight and make equal space on both sides, between the last frame and the side of the hive.

Welcome to the forum also :wave:

5. Walt B

Walt B New Member

What everyone else said. Also, don't worry about the queen, she will have been released by now.

I keep an inexpensive bread knife handy for cutting out things I don't like...in the hive!

Walt