Come in NZ and Seychelles

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Barbarian, May 16, 2012.

1. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

I have used Charles's addition to the forum. See Forum News --- A Fun Addition....

I notice we have regular guests from North Island, NZ and the Seychelles. It would be nice if these guests would think of registering as members.

NZ has a long and thriving beekeeping tradition.

The Seychelles must be a lovely working environment but how is it for bees ? The logistics of getting equipment and back-up in such a remote place must be horrendous.

Sign in please :smile:

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

So Seychelles is where???

Like some bird watchers I have a list of places I would one day like to tend to bees.... New Zealand is one of those places on THE LIST.

3. Zulu

Zulu Member

Seychelles are an Island community in the Indian ocean off African coast. Very tropical. It is well serviced from Europe and South Africa because of tourism.

NZ is also the territory manager of an Island on the International Date line called Nuie Island, and they have an Official island beekeeper,
    one of my schoold friends is a sailing bum, has been around the world twice and he was their beekeeper for 2 years back in 90's

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I think this addition to the forum is great as well. It kind of puts things into perspective for me at times. While I am sitting here typing this out I can see not only who is online, but just how far away some of you are. It is funny to think that while I am looking at my screen at times, Efmesch is halfway around the world doing the same thing at the same time! :grin:
    The map makes that so much clearer! :thumbsup:

5. Zulu

Zulu Member

Interesting , I am on VPN right now, but it does not show up until I drop it and go native wifi

6. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

I've been wondering--is the map localized to show labels in the language of the area you are in for everyone or just for those in that area. When I enlarge the map enough for the label of Israel to fit on, it appears to me in Hebrew. Do you in North America get it in Hebrew or in English? :?: I get the North African labels in Arabic.

7. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I get it in English.

8. kebee

kebee Active Member

I don't know but I have never seened a listing for anyone in Alabama yet, that ok I don't think they can find me, good.

kebee