Commercial Bee Haulers

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Charles, May 14, 2009.

1. Charles

Charles New Member

I received this question in email, I've never had a reason to look into this so i thought I would post it to see if anyone else may have an answer. Here's the question:

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

When I was hauling, I only carried bobtail insurance. The beekeeper may have had other ins., I don't know. Bees are livestock, so I see no reason to have anything other than your normal ins.

3. JPrice79

JPrice79 New Member

Are they looking for coverage specific to the bees in the event of an accident? I have a bee transportation mortality coverage available with the ability to include liability insurance coverages incase the bees escape after an accident. Let me know what you are looking for as I should be able to help you out.

4. Charles

Charles New Member

Thanks Jprice79, I don't have that particular guy's email address anymore but I get asked from time to time and I'll let them know you have policies for that...

BTW, Welcome to the board!

5. cow pollinater

cow pollinater New Member

My bees are covered under my farm policy exactly the same as any of my other livestock. I haven't heard of any specific bee policies as I think most companies see them as general livestock.
    My agent prefers to cover bees as aposed to other kinds of livestock since they come in a box and as long as you strap them down right they can't really cause to much trouble without some help.

6. fatbeeman

fatbeeman New Member

when I hauled out of state I had farm bureau insurance house truck farm stuff
    Don