Beekeeping Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Perhaps I should have worded it differtly. Can I copy it in its entireity to a folder on my desktop? Having done this with other programs, I then just delete the folder. The desktop is the main screen, part of the C drive where I copy stuff to prior to installing it.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
There's many ways to do it. I just find it simpler to download it to the disc direct. It never enters my c drive at all.

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
rast said:
Perhaps I should have worded it differtly. Can I copy it in its entireity to a folder on my desktop? Having done this with other programs, I then just delete the folder. The desktop is the main screen, part of the C drive where I copy stuff to prior to installing it.
That should be fine, I do that all the time ;)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I'm no computer expert, but I think some programs copy "shared files" to locations other than where you think you are sending it. I've run into this on occasion. If you run the executable out of the folder, it knows where to find these other files. If you move it, it can't find them. Not saying that all programs do this.. .It's certainly worth a try.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I haven't had time to even think about it at work and want to try that before using a dialup download.
Thanks, Rick

21 - 26 of 26 Posts