Beekeeping Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
We have become addicted to Fred bread here, and have it at least once every other week. There are some perks to having a teenage daughter who likes to be in the kitchen! ;)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
My mother in law makes the best potato salad I have ever ate.
BUT I got to make some of this for my self.

Warm Potato Salad with Honey Dressing
Makes 6 servings

1/3 cup cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce(optional)
1-1/2 lb. small new potatoes, cut in bite-sized pieces
5 slices bacon, crisp cooked, crumbled
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
2 Tablespoons chopped green onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine vinegar, oil, honey, mustard and pepper sauce; mix well. Add potatoes; mix gently to coat all surfaces. Cook on medium heat until potatoes are thoroughly heated. Add bacon, parsley, green onions and salt; mix well.

Tip: One cup sautéed sliced mushrooms may be added.

Nutrition: 313 Calories * 10.1 g Fat Total * 430 mg Sodium * 54.7 g Carbohydrates * 5 mg Cholesterol * 6.8 g Dietary Fiber * 6.1 g Protein * 29% Calories from Fat *

:mrgreen: Al

·
Registered
929 Posts
I just made this and thought it was good:
Low Fat/Low sugar Creamy Fruit
4 oz of fat free cream cheese
1/2 cup plain yogurt or vanilla
1 tsp honey more or less
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1 can of water pack peach slices, drained
1 can of pineapple chunks in juice, drained

Cream together the cream cheese, yogurt, honey and vanilla. Fold in the fruit. Chill.
Fruit can vary according to your tastes.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Dang these make me hungry...subscribing to this thread for sure....thanks for posting these.....! I will have to find my slaw recipe and get it on here..substitute sugar with honey....

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use honey to sweeten cakes. The result is a super moist bread. Though other people may not be too fond of the taste, I use it to sweeten lemonade as well. Since honey is sweeter than sugar, you need less of it. My favorite way to use honey in cooking is to add it to cakes because everyone likes a moist, rich cake and honey does just that. I pretty much use it in everything.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts