Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just about recovered from a bout of phunmonia (sp?). The best cough syrup I found was 50/50 Makers Mark (whiskey) and honey. Not only did it supress my cough but made me feel better.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Did it really make you feel better, or just not care that you felt lousy? :lol:

Glad to hear that you are recovering from pneumonia. That can really knock you down.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Walt:
You sound like me. When I was stationed in Texas years ago, and went camping, I used to take a bottle of Jack Daniels along for snakebite.................................
And 2 rattlesnakes. :rotfl:

·
Registered
46 Posts
For a natural cough syrup I mix equal parts raw honey and maple syrup with a few drops of orange essential oil or other organic, food grade essential oil. For a child you can buy natural strawberry flavors and the like to make a real cough syrup. I have read that honey works better for coughs than actual cough syrup and though I do not have coughs it sure does soothe the throat.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Chew on propolis---like chewing gum. I can't say how much it helps the lungs (pnumonia)---probably as mcuh as Jack Daniels--- but it's great to soothe the throat and help a cough.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
If it stains, (and that's a big if), I don't think it would stay on your teeth for very long. The next meal you chew should probably clean them off (unless you brush your teeth sooner than you eat):wink:

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
how about grated propolis dissolved in honey and lemon?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Propolis doesn't stain. Make a propolis tincture. 3 parts ever clear to 1 part propolis. Let sit for 6 weeks then strain. Use for sore throats, cough, flu, and great for cold sores.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts