Crazy weather in Alabama

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bamabww, Mar 6, 2013.

1. bamabww

bamabww New Member

Not that I'm complaining after all the snow falling north of here that many of you are dealing with but in less than a 12 hour period yesterday I saw very heavy rain, quarter size hail and last night on the way to work, snow flurries. Forecast high for Friday is 60 and 70 for Saturday. Go figure.

2. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

well wayne, consider yourself lucky, you don't need to use a 'rain' shovel or a 'rain'-blower to dig yourself out.......:lol:

3. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

1.39 inches of rain and then white frosting. I can't wait until Spring!

current.jpg

4. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

You are welcome to send Texas some rain. My back yard resembles concrete. I don't bother to water it anymore. It's just bermuda grass.

5. kebee

kebee Active Member

Gypsi, I thought you were getting some rain this year, unless it is like around here a lot of time, showing rain but never hitting the ground.

kebee

6. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Kebee,

We have had some, but not nearly what we should have to make up what we didn't get last year, and the year before. lakes are 8 ft low. Some parts of the metroplex got rain, but I am on the southwest edge, they get an inch, I got 1/10th of an inch.

Am seriously considering bugging out north and west and just wintering in Texas. Keeping the garden, chickens and bees alive here over the summer with the extended drought is too hard. Believe it or not, fish are easier.