Crystallized Honey

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by asprince, Sep 12, 2009.

1. asprince

asprince New Member

I have a 6 gallon bucket of crystallized honey. What is the best way to get it liquefied again? How long will it take? I thought of placing the bucket and a drop light inside of an unplugged refrigerator.

Steve

2. Charles

Charles New Member

Hi Steve, the fridge idea will work fine, probably take a couple day's for a 6 gallon bucket...

3. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

It will probably get hot but.......I have reliquidfied many jars of honey by leaving them in the car for a couple days. A case of solid honey magically is liquid again, almost as if someone swapped out the case.... :roll:

My point is, there are many simple ways to do this. I have simply placed them on the window sill, although not a 6 gallon bucket... :lol:

4. asprince

asprince New Member

I too use the hot car in the summer to liquefy crystallized jars. The bucket has been in the car for over a week now and is still solid but a little softer. I need to speed up the process.

Steve

5. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Pull it out of the garage and roll up the windows.... :lol:

6. Charles

Charles New Member

With the weather we're having in CO you could roll up the windows in the driveway and take a nap without breaking a sweat, chilly 64 and sunny out there right now :)