Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a hectic wet summer not much time to get in to the hives. You have supers on and would like to pull your honey. It will be thanksgiving weekend before you have time. You have queen exluders on and 2 supers each you hope are full on each of your 20 hives. Do you leave it for next spring do you pull it on thanksgiving weather permiting. you descide to pull on thankgiving weekend but wake up on friday morning to discover 6 inches of snow on the ground whats a keep to do.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
thats why is called a plan and not a action--plan for action--not action till excuted---wait for better weather and if we get 6 inches of snow here in Florida, I may start to believe Al Gore LOL

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Just how late can you guy's pull honey down there? :shock:
Me being a recent convert to lazy beekeeping :lol: I would just pull the excluders and walk away.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all these keeps from florida still in the sun. Perry probly has 6 inches of snow all ready. I will try to find it I had a photo of Jerry brown in haddam Kansas pulling honey in the snow. they run a few thousand hives. They are commercial and have a heated facility so the cold really didnt present a problem

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
the rat writes;
They are commercial and have a heated facility so the cold really didnt present a problem

tecumseh:
I would guess with the bees tightly clustered removing bees from boxes of honey is not an issue???

did perry give you little mystery away?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they didnt have much trouble removing the honey just had to be careful bustin the propolis seal. It was an early snow so they was able to work in temps that the bees wasnt in a tight cluster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts