Da rats scenarios return yet for another season

Discussion in 'Beekeeping 101' started by riverrat, Nov 12, 2011.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Its been a hectic wet summer not much time to get in to the hives. You have supers on and would like to pull your honey. It will be thanksgiving weekend before you have time. You have queen exluders on and 2 supers each you hope are full on each of your 20 hives. Do you leave it for next spring do you pull it on thanksgiving weather permiting. you descide to pull on thankgiving weekend but wake up on friday morning to discover 6 inches of snow on the ground whats a keep to do.

2. rast

rast New Member

I would freak out and start believing Gore :D .

3. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

i for one would believe Gore, but i wouldn't give away the rat's little mystery question here. go get em rat.

4. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

You've been to busy in your shop and not had time to work your bees again,eh, rat. :lol: :lol: Jack

5. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

thats why is called a plan and not a action--plan for action--not action till excuted---wait for better weather and if we get 6 inches of snow here in Florida, I may start to believe Al Gore LOL

6. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Just how late can you guy's pull honey down there? :shock:
    Me being a recent convert to lazy beekeeping :lol: I would just pull the excluders and walk away.

7. riverrat

riverrat New Member

all these keeps from florida still in the sun. Perry probly has 6 inches of snow all ready. I will try to find it I had a photo of Jerry brown in haddam Kansas pulling honey in the snow. they run a few thousand hives. They are commercial and have a heated facility so the cold really didnt present a problem

8. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

the rat writes;
    They are commercial and have a heated facility so the cold really didnt present a problem

tecumseh:
    I would guess with the bees tightly clustered removing bees from boxes of honey is not an issue???

did perry give you little mystery away?

9. riverrat

riverrat New Member

they didnt have much trouble removing the honey just had to be careful bustin the propolis seal. It was an early snow so they was able to work in temps that the bees wasnt in a tight cluster.