Dandridge cut out

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by G3farms, Sep 7, 2010.

1. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Ben of Bens Bees has passed on my name again (thanks Ben) for a cut out in Dandridge, TN.

Spoke to the home owner and he said the bees look like giant sweat bees :confused: :confused:
    About 12 feet off of the ground and going in just above his guttering, I think they will be in the soffit of his house.

Home owner said he was allergic to bees, I asked if we could wait until spring and his reply was they would be dead before then, he would have them sprayed.

I ask him if he would email me some pics, we will see what happens with it.

Found another beek close to the house here and he wants to do the cut out with me, so we have a game plan going so far. :thumbsup:

We will see where this one goes :roll:

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Well the fella called me back and sent some pics. Not sure what kind of bees he has but not a honeybee. Said they do have a stinger since his wife got stung. Patterned like a honeybee with the exception that the wings are longer than its body and a milky color, antenna are too long and the butt end is more blunt instead of rounded off. They are very short about 7/16" long.

The pics he sent were blurry at best but could make out rough details.

Seemed like a very nice fella and we talked for some time about bees.

Maybe next time!!

3. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Hey G3, sorry it didn't work out this time. I was out of town when he called me and he didn't want to even wait until this weekend for me to return so I passed your name along to him, but now I'm curious to know what kind of bees he does have.