Darn weather

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Buzzen, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Buzzen

Buzzen Member

I was hoping to go into my hives this weekend, but inclement weather has prevented this. Looks like I will have to wait until tuesday. That is 10 days since last peek, a lifetime for this beginner. We have 15-20 mph winds today but the bees are bucking the wind the best they can,working away.

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Same here, it has been a terrible spring.

3. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

spring... what spring?

4. LtlWilli

LtlWilli New Member

I think we skipped Spring and went directly to Texas Summer...When it did rain, it came on as thunderstorms and tornados. This lasted for about two weeks and stopped----Even my vitex trees are drying up now. At least there's a little pollen coming in. It would seem that the axe has two heads.

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Been awfully dry here also. Installed a pipeline the other day and dug down five feet and the dirt was almost powder dry, no moisture at all. Been above 90 for the past 15 days straight now with very very scattered showers.

6. frankh

frankh New Member

My bees finally arrived last week, and now it's too cool for them to come out. Being they missed a lot of the plants flowering, I wonder what is going to happen. Do you think they can collect on unemployment, or welfare ? Boy, that will be a lot of forms to fill out.

7. riverrat

riverrat New Member

I havent got to work hives as much as I like. When days the sun was shining the wind was blowing hard. I wont open a hive on a day I wouldnt want the roof taken off my house. Good thing I didnt need a new roof this spring. :D