Debt Crisis?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tecumseh, Jul 30, 2011.

1. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm Active Member

I'm not smart enough (or crooked) to be a politician, but it seems to me that if they would put a tariff on the goods coming into this country to match the goods made here, and give big tax breaks only to the company's that have them in the US of A, that it would help get us back on our feet. But if you have enough money you can buy politicians and not let that happen, so you can get rich on slave labor from over sea's.Sorry i'll get off my soap box. Jack

2. Berniecal

Berniecal New Member

My favourite "world going down the tubes" commentary:
    http://www.kunstler.com/index.php
    At first look, he comes across as a raving nutcase, but I've been following him for several years and unfortunately I have to agree with most of his predictions.
    Happily, beekeeping is one area of activity that can survive the crash. The question is no longer if, but when. In the meantime, don't worry, be happy (and learn how to keep bees!)

3. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

nice read although I don't think the fellow has a clue. I think he could have reduced his somewhat elaborate notion to 'a generational shift in perceived moral risk'... which basically works out to the rich banker get the cash and you are left holding a bit of useless paper.