Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a boomer hive with swarm cells, i took a frame with four queen cells(capped) and four frames of brood with bees and put them in a deep frame hive. Couldn't find the old queen in the boomer hive (too many bees) and left the other oueen cells. Well that was going on five weeks now and i haven't found a queen, eggs, or larva in the new hive. I checked a week after making it up and found two queen cells with holes in the bottom and the other two with holes in the side, so i know two queens hatched. The hive is a little noisy when i open it up (sign of no queen) and they are back filling? Maybe i'm rushing things, but going on five weeks i'm getting worried about laying workers starting. I guess i could put a frame with eggs in it and see wnat happens. Also our flow is slowing down which might have an effect? What would you do? Jack

·
Registered
273 Posts
Throw in a frame of eggs. I would guess they have a queen though. Nucs like giving me scares like that. About the time I am positive they are queenless she begins to lay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts