Decision's, decision's??

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by brooksbeefarm, Jun 22, 2011.

1. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Found a boomer hive with swarm cells, i took a frame with four queen cells(capped) and four frames of brood with bees and put them in a deep frame hive. Couldn't find the old queen in the boomer hive (too many bees) and left the other oueen cells. Well that was going on five weeks now and i haven't found a queen, eggs, or larva in the new hive. I checked a week after making it up and found two queen cells with holes in the bottom and the other two with holes in the side, so i know two queens hatched. The hive is a little noisy when i open it up (sign of no queen) and they are back filling? Maybe i'm rushing things, but going on five weeks i'm getting worried about laying workers starting. I guess i could put a frame with eggs in it and see wnat happens. Also our flow is slowing down which might have an effect? What would you do? Jack

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Another frame of eggs and check in 5 to 7 days.

3. charmd2

charmd2 New Member

Throw in a frame of eggs. I would guess they have a queen though. Nucs like giving me scares like that. About the time I am positive they are queenless she begins to lay