Dedicated to those having a family dinner for the holidays

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side...PG-13' started by efmesch, Dec 24, 2012.

1. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

My best friend very quietly confided to me that he was having an affair.

I turned to him and asked, 'Are you having it catered'?

And that, my friend, is the sad definition of 'OLD'

2. kebee

kebee Active Member

No that is the definition of a GOD giving to old people like you and me to surly know better, for there is no better woman out there than the ones we have, and I know it thank GOD.

kebee

3. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

You speak for both of us----each with his own very best.

4. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

An affair around hear is shoveling cow manure out of the barn,:roll: but my wife does tell me to have fun.:lol: Jack

5. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

ef, besides the holidays and family and dinner and etc., I wish you and your family and your country peace. It's hard for me to imagine the stress you must all deal with living where you do.

6. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

What slowmodem said.:thumbsup: It's hard for me to believe that the size of Isreal is about the same distance from my house, to my daughters home, then to my sons home, and back home. God works in mysterious ways, Happy Holidays. Jack

7. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Greg, thanks for your good wishes. :grin:
    Last night, Hamas shot its' first rocket since Israel withdrew from its attack position around the perimeter of the Gaza Strip. Guess what--it mis-fired and landed inside the strip and not in Israel. Is that called breaking the truce? [Don't answer that question, we're an apolitical forum.] [​IMG]
    Truth be told, in spite of it all, I (and my family) generally live a very "relaxed" life. I felt a lot more stressed during my visit to the US last month (no criticism intended).

8. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Thanks to you too Jack, your post crossed over just after I had written and sent my response to Greg.

Israel's "minute" size is really hard to believe, when you think about how much space the world gives to news from here---and how many censures we receive in the UN relative to the really big and bad countries (just think about Syria as one example of many). But that's getting political so I'll say no more.

9. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

When we moved out here in the country, we put a little house in front for my mother in law and our house in the back. She lived in the little house until she died a few years ago. Now my parents live in the little house so that we can take care of them in their later years. Tomorrow we'll all be at the little house having a great big dinner (probably steaks (I just bought two steers and had them butchered), potato salad, deviled eggs, beans or peas and maybe corn all from the garden). I'm sure they'll have a fire in the fireplace, too.

The little house is on the left, and the big house is on the right (behind a monument to my employer).

[​IMG]