Demo Hive (single stacked medium frames)

Discussion in 'Building plans, blueprints, and finished projects' started by jmblakeney, Apr 22, 2012.

1. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

Finally completed my demo hive today. I am really surprised at how well it turned out. I usually am my biggest critic. I really like it.

Demo hive front.jpg Demo hive open.jpg Demo hive side view.jpg Demo hive back.jpg

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Hey now, that looks really good to me!!

Did you find some little round vent thingeys?

I know you are really just trying to show off all of the hard work your wife did on the flower beds :wink:

3. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

Those air vent things are really hard to find. I don't know what they are called and have looked around unsuccessfully trying to find them. I would love to finish the hive off with those. For now it is just a 1" hole with #8 hardware cloth stapled to the inside.

I had taken some pics of it in the shed where I built it but with all the crap scattered in the background it made the pic look bad. I figured I take a pic in front of the newly mulched flower bed to make it look better.

James

4. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

Forgot to mention that Aidens former kindergarten teacher had asked him to come back this year and do a demonstration on beekeeping again. He will be using this as one of the props. Hopefully I will be able to get some video of the demonstration he gives.

James

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

No need for props, put some bees in that rig!!

6. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

There will be bees in there. The props i was speaking of was smoker, hive tool, empty hive and things of that sort. Then have the demo hive full of bees for the added experience.

7. RE Jones

RE Jones New Member

How long will the bees stay calm in one of these? Seems like if they can not get out and forage, they would begin to get antsy.
    Robert

8. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

What little round vent thingeys?

9. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Oh wow. That's neat. Now you have me thinking about drilling more holes in my demo/observation hive just so I can put those in, but I fear it's too late now, what with all the bees in there and it being nearly impossible to remove the frames. Oh well.