Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally completed my demo hive today. I am really surprised at how well it turned out. I usually am my biggest critic. I really like it.

Plant Flower Flowerpot Houseplant Window Plant Wood Wood stain Hardwood Plank Plant Wood Wood stain Hardwood Groundcover Plant Table Furniture Wood Houseplant

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Hey now, that looks really good to me!!

Did you find some little round vent thingeys?

I know you are really just trying to show off all of the hard work your wife did on the flower beds :wink:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those air vent things are really hard to find. I don't know what they are called and have looked around unsuccessfully trying to find them. I would love to finish the hive off with those. For now it is just a 1" hole with #8 hardware cloth stapled to the inside.

I had taken some pics of it in the shed where I built it but with all the crap scattered in the background it made the pic look bad. I figured I take a pic in front of the newly mulched flower bed to make it look better.

James

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot to mention that Aidens former kindergarten teacher had asked him to come back this year and do a demonstration on beekeeping again. He will be using this as one of the props. Hopefully I will be able to get some video of the demonstration he gives.

James

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There will be bees in there. The props i was speaking of was smoker, hive tool, empty hive and things of that sort. Then have the demo hive full of bees for the added experience.

·
Registered
204 Posts
How long will the bees stay calm in one of these? Seems like if they can not get out and forage, they would begin to get antsy.
Robert

·
Registered
978 Posts
Oh wow. That's neat. Now you have me thinking about drilling more holes in my demo/observation hive just so I can put those in, but I fear it's too late now, what with all the bees in there and it being nearly impossible to remove the frames. Oh well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts