Dino-Bee Club and Lborou

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by lazy shooter, Jun 12, 2013.

1. lazy shooter

lazy shooter New Member

Last week I was invited to the Dino-Bee club monthly meeting by Lborou. It was my first ever bee club meeting. We ate and then had a couple of folks give some tips on inspecting bees. Then there was the raffle tickets give away and then...... there were nominations for next years club officers.

To make a long story short, Lborou was elected, or maybe selected, to be next year's president. He was asked would he like to be the president. He replied, "he would not turn it down if elected." That did it, the vote was on, and he won by acclimation. I swear I could hear the bells on that train.

I feel blessed to be associated with people in high places.:razz:

Seriously, Lborou will serve the club well as our president. He was in the Air Force a hundred years and will bring his great organizational skills to the club. This is just a heads up for all of you that thought Lborou was just another charming fellow.:thumbsup:

2. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

thanks lazy for sharing the info! and lee congratulations!

:grin:

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

As admin, I think I'm going to have a bit of fun. I'll change it back shortly. Hope Lee doesn't get mad. :D

4. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

That would be Mr. President. :lol:

5. riverrat

riverrat New Member

el presidente. congrats on the new title president lborou

6. Lburou

Lburou Member

Thanks for the good words all, and to Lazy Shooter for outing me. :)

That outcome was the last thing on my mind when I showed for the meeting. Its a great opportunity to serve the club, and I'm grateful for it. :)

​P.S. Iddee, thanks for the moniker, however temporary. :thumbsup:

7. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Congratulations Lee, I am sure that you will do a fine job. I wish I was close enough to join! :wink:

8. lazy shooter

lazy shooter New Member

Perrybee:

I wish you could come down to a meeting. You would probably have cultural and geographical shock.

There's a large nuclear power plant at Glen Rose, so I keep thinking the bees will mutate into something either weird or beneficial. Maybe a bee that is resistant to all things in nature, or maybe a bee from a horror movie.

The Dino club meets at a Mexican restaurant, and if one doesn't enjoy the meeting, something I can't imagine, the food is worth the trip. It's great Tex-Mex table fare.

9. lazy shooter

lazy shooter New Member

Hot ziggety damn, the Dino Bee Club meets again tonight, and I will be there. His Majesty and Honorable Lborou will be presiding as president. I can't wait for the informative and educational benefits. Seriously, I am excited to make my second ever bee meeting, and it is a grand group of Central Texans.

10. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

congrads or should I send a sympathy card.

11. lazy shooter

lazy shooter New Member

It's congratulations to me for finally having a bee club to attend, and you really should send the sympathy card to Lborou, as being Mr. President looks to be a rather serious job. He did well last evening.

12. Lburou

Lburou Member

Tec, I'm already scheming how to get you up here to share some of your knowledge with the Club. Lets try to make that visit to Fossil Rim over the first Tuesday of the month. :)

13. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

well it take little prodding to get the QueenBee here to wander up fossil rim way.