Disconnecting forum account from Facebook?

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by BSAChris, Jun 9, 2013.

1. BSAChris

BSAChris New Member

I signed up for beekeepingforums using the convenient Facebook and in restrospect that was silly because I'd like to deactivate my facebook account for a while - but that will (I believe) disconnect me from here too.

I can't find a way in the settings or profile here to disable that link - is the only way to create a new profile? I'd like to keep my BSAChris moniker, sniffle!

Anyone know if there's a way to disconnect the fb connection on a profile here?

Thanks!

2. BSAChris

BSAChris New Member

OH wait, WAIT! I found a way to disconnect, easy peasy.

To disconnect account from facebook - in Settings (upper right corner of forum always), click "Edit Connections" and there it is, the link to facebook, ripe for removal.

Once FB is disconnected, you no longer have a password (at least not one that you know) but that is easily fixed by doing through the lost username/password dialog in the login screen or in the change password screens within your profile (because you'll still be logged in at first).
    There, thanks for the help me, next time look harder before you post a question! :wink:

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Just for general info for everyone. If you get logged out and can't get in, look on the bottom of the main page. Click on "contact us". Send us an email. It works even when not logged in. We can reset your password, change your password, change your username, or most anything you need done.