Do you have have, or are you installing a Warre hive?

Discussion in 'Beekeeping 101' started by BjornBee, Oct 29, 2009.

1. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

I am looking to discuss some coordinated efforts in regards to research with people having, or are going to have Warre hives this coming year. It requires no extra cost or specialized materials, beyond having the Warre hive.

For more details, please send me an email, letting me know your Warre hive experience or plans for this coming year. Contact email mikenida@ptd.net I will send out a preliminary outline detailing what we will be looking at.

Thank you.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I won't be having a warre hive, but I would like to read about them. Try to keep it public on the forum as much as possible.

Thanks

3. specialkayme

specialkayme New Member

I don't currently have a warre hive, nor do I think I will be installing one within the next few years. I don't have enough hives to 'experiment' on, especially if after the experiment I can't guarantee that I can either get the bees back into a standard hive, or use the wooden ware on anything else (assuming that I don't like warre hives).

However, the more I read about them, the more intriguing they become. In particular the write up that you have done on your website Bjorn. I appreciate that, and consider it a good read.

If someone is available to provide more information (such as keeping this public on the forum as much as possible) I may end up trying it when I have enough hives that I'm willing to experiment on one or two of them.

4. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Specialkayme,
    Thank you for the comments about website.