Don't ask Jack!

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by PerryBee, May 6, 2013.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Don't ask Jack (Brooksbeefarm) to help you put your wooden ware together, his carpentry skills are questionable to say the least! :shock: :lol:
    (Maybe I shouldn't have let him have beer before he started)

Wonky 002.jpg Wonky 003.jpg Wonky 006.jpg

I got a great deal on some new equipment that a keep was selling. This is a display of some of his assembly skills. It took me a while to get a couple of the boxes apart.
    Even the frame rests were installed incorrectly making the frames too tight to fit in properly. To think someone sold him this stuff and he bought it with no idea what he was doing. (sad).

2. BoilerJim

BoilerJim New Member

Wow, Perry. I hope you got a real good deal on that stuff! LOL :lol:

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

A great deal? How much did he pay you to take it away?

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

:rolling: Only the 2 shallows were put together wrong. I had to pull all the nails and redo them. They will be fine except for being painted on the inside. Jack, no more beer for you! :rolling:

5. blueblood

blueblood New Member

6. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

ooops on the boxes perry, but i can't say as i haven't read of some keeps here making a similar mistake assembling woodenware.....:lol:

7. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

I ALMOST assembled a deep with one end inside out, but remembered reading it here, and caught myself before the tite-bond set.

8. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

You're right. This forum has been a great asset to minimize my mumblings and bumblings.

9. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

That looks like the stuff i built when i had that bad cough and was on Wild Turkey.:lol: Went to 3 out yards today with my brother, and all three out yards were mean?? They run me back into the truck to put my bee jacket on:eek:. My brother wouldn't get out of the truck, i found two hives that were either queenless or superseding? no eggs or larva just capped brood? will check back in a week and look again.Went to get in the truck and my brother had the doors locked and wouldn't let mr in, said i had bees all over me and mad ones flying all around me.:shock: Told him to drive back to the road (1/4 mile) and i would walk through the cedars and meet him there,he had me turn around and brushed two off my back with a bee brush before he let me in.:lol: It was 70F and the bees were all over the front of the honey supers and top entrance (2 with a excluders under them) i'd put on each hive last week, every hive (20 of them) came to meet me before i got to them, never seen those hives that mean before:???:, This was the first warm out of the last 6 days (2 with snow) that we've had.:roll: Jack

10. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

A good selection of 'How not to do'.

Perhaps there should be a thread of 'How not to build equipment'. The various pics might help the newbees. :???:

11. Beeboy

Beeboy New Member

I don't know Jack...