Don't Starve -- Addictive Game ... with bees!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by billyb, Nov 11, 2012.

1. billyb

billyb New Member

Just thought I'd share this fun game I've been playing called "Don't Starve". It's described as a wilderness survival game ... simple, cool graphics. In essence, you try to see how many days you can survive, collecting food, setting up camp, etc. while avoiding being killed by giant spiders and what not.

In any event, I thought it was neat the way the have incorporated bees. You can "attack" a wild hive, collecting honey and comb (and destroying the hive). With the addition of wood, you can then build your own hive that you can harvest without destroying the hive. You can put together other items to create a beekeeper's hat to protect yourself from stings when you harvest. Otherwise, the bees buzz about during the days, landing on flowers and not harming you (unless you attack them). Oh, and the honey you collect has healing properties when consumed. Anyway, I have no affiliation, just thought it was well done and in the right spirit of beekeeping.

http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/

dontstarve.jpg

2. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

cheap cheap cheap, getting very lonely and quiet around here all of a sudden. Where did everyone go?