Early Spring

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marbees, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Marbees

Marbees Member

Winter is on its last legs, according to Nova Scotia's Shubenacadie Sam, the first of Canada's weather-predicting groundhogs to poke his nose out and make his forecast Friday.

The confused-looking rodent emerged from his enclosure near Halifax, took a good look around, and did not see his shadow.

Shortly afterwards, Pennsylvania's prognosticator of prognosticators, Punxsutawney Phil, followed suit with the same positive prediction. Then Ontario's Wiarton Willie, Canada's most famous albino rodent, also failed to see his shadow when roused from his sleep.

According to Groundhog Day folklore, if the rodent does not glimpse its shadow on Feb. 2 then spring is not far away. If he sees his shadow, six more weeks of winter can be expected.

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Hey, why is it only the Nova Scotian groundhog looked confused? :lol: :mrgreen:

3. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

I'm fairly certain that General Beauregard Lee down in GA saw his shadow today. And I see the sun shining here, so Rocky Top Tommy saw his shadow, too. But if winter means temps at 60F, then six more weeks of that is ok with me! :)