EAS.....Eastern Apicultural Society Aug. 2-6, 2010

Discussion in 'Upcoming Meetings' started by Iddee, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Iddee

Iddee New Member

2. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

What is the cost of general admission to EAS?

My wife actually said we could go for one of the days as long as the admission is inexpensive (I'm not about to tell her that if we go I'm bound to end up buying a ton of stuff there).

3. Bitty Bee

Bitty Bee New Member

Are you going Idee?

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Registration Fees – $100/person for all three days.
    2. Level I – First & Last Name(s) ____________________________________ ______ x $100 = $ _______
    3. Level II – First & Last Name(s)_____________________________________ ______ x $100 = $ _______
    Main Conference officially begins WEDNESDAY MORNING at 8:00. Don't Forget!
    Registration Fees – $125/person or $200/family
    4. First & Last Name ____________________________________________________________ x $125 = $ _______
    5. Family Names (first & last of each) ______________________________________________________________
    _____________________________________________________________________________ x $200 = $ _______
    ONE DAY FEE $50/person/day or $75/family/day
    6. First & Last Name(s) ___________________________________________________________________________
    Which day(s) _____ Wed. _____ Thur. _____ Fri. # ______x $50 x # _____days = $ _________
    Which day(s) _____ Wed. _____ Thur. _____ Fri. # ______x $75 x # _____days = $ _________

For details, click on the link above, click on registration, then click on downloadable registration.

Yes, BB, but I don't know which days nor how many days.

5. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Oh man... I thought that was just to take the classes... too bad. I probably can't get my wife to agree to that...

6. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Looks like an awesome meeting, but it's definitely too expensive for us to go BB.

7. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Yeah, and I just realized you can't even go for just one day on Sun. Mon. or Tues... Monday was going to be my only chance at going at all... too bad. Some other year perhaps. Oh well, I can really put the money to better use anyway... I need to build 90 hive boxes, buy and assemble 448 frames, build 7 4-way pallets, build 28 top covers, and possibly even get a decent powered extractor over the next year... I wonder if my wife even realizes that I'm going to hit up our bank account for close to $4,000 dollars this year... I wonder how many nights I'll have to sleep on the couch...

8. Iddee

Iddee New Member

The dog's gonna need the couch. His house is gonna be occupied. :shock:

9. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Ben you had better take the course at UT and sign up for the TAEP grant money, they will pay out up to 50% on all of that and the bees.

It is closed for this year but should go again next year. I wold tell you to call the ag extension agent for Knox county but he is worthless. If you want I will get you added to the Loudon County email list.

10. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Yeah, I couldn't have qualified for TAEP this year anyway though, didn't meet the years of experience requirements. Next year I will though... so yeah, I'll definately want to do that. Go ahead and add me to the loudon county email list and I'll try to keep in touch with Mike as well... I also need to take the inspector's class and get certified as an inspector so that I can certify my own hives for movement within the state... though I think I'll still have to pay another inspector if moving them across state lines.

11. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Can do, need your email addy to give to the extension agent, John Goddard.

Carla from KCBA emailed me about the inspectors class also, if you hear anything else about it let me know and vise versa.

12. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Best email to reach me at is ben@bens-bees.com I have rules set up to forward copies to every other email address I have as well as to push it to my cell phone ( I certainly didn't want to miss any swarm calls due to not checking email ).

13. G3farms

G3farms New Member