Easter candy

Discussion in 'Desserts' started by srvfantexasflood, Apr 20, 2011.

1. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

There is still time to make these goodies.
    Easter egg candies

1 16 oz package of powered sugar
    1 cup of peanut butter
    1/4 cup butter, softened
    1 T milk, if needed for moisture

8 oz semisweet chocolate chips
    1 T solid shortening

Mix together the powered sugar, peanut butter, and butter. Add the milk, if needed, to make a dough that will hold together when shaped.

Roll the dough between your hands to make egg shapes or balls. I make small egg shapes a little smaller than a Cadbury egg. Freeze dough shapes for one hour.

While freezing, melt the chocolate chips and solid shortening over a double boiler.

When melted, and dough has sufficiently frozen, dip your peanut butter dough shapes into the chocolate and let cool and firm up on wax paper or foil or what ever you have.

While cooling, I sprinkle decorative sprinkles on them. You could wait until completely cooled to decorate with icing.

I don't know what these taste like. There have never been any left for me to try.

2. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

I've been wanting to find a recipe for these!!!! Thanks srvfan!!

3. marycorbitt

marycorbitt New Member

I bookmarked your post for this coming easter! :) I'm sure the kids will enjoy this treat!

4. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

How was the Easter Candy? I took the easy route this year. I only made sugar cookie cutouts for the grandkids. I put store bought candy and quarters in Easter eggs. Even the littlest ones knew to be excited about the quarters.