Easy catch

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Iddee, May 20, 2011.

1. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Got a call for a removal today. Guy was quite anxious, so Rob and I went immediately. Called Ski on the way there and he beat us there. Rob and Ski crawled under the house and over to where they were going in.

Uh Oh... No bees..

I got a box from the truck, added a few drops of Lemongrass oil, and set it outside where they were going in.

Didn't take but about 20 minutes before the swarm moved in and covered the box. We caught the queen in a queen clip and placed her inside. Then we just sat and watched as they marched into the box. Loaded them up and came home.

Wish they could all be that way.

Homeowner took a few pics. I'll post them when he emails them to me.

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

So the home owner was just seeing scout bees or had the swarm already moved into the house some how?

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Lemongrass oil is beginning to sound like liquid gold to me, gotta get some. :thumbsup:

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

The swarm had not gotten there yet. It was scouts only. When the swarm got there, we had the hive waiting.

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

That's cheating sitting there waiting on them to show up :lol:

6. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Next thing I can see happening is Iddee driving up to a swarm call site with a box sitting in the back of his truck, sipping on a coffee listening to tunes on the radio, and when the bees are done moving into the box, he'll start the truck and leave, never having to get out!
    Bee whisperer I tell you. :bow:

7. Zulu

Zulu Member

Now that sounds like Iddee's game :D

8. dsnaproll

dsnaproll New Member

I slung Lemongrass oil over that boat near my bees and I continue to get swarms off of it. Took #18 off of it yesterday. Thinking of putting empty boxes there soon so I won't have to box them.