Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call for a removal today. Guy was quite anxious, so Rob and I went immediately. Called Ski on the way there and he beat us there. Rob and Ski crawled under the house and over to where they were going in.

Uh Oh... No bees..

I got a box from the truck, added a few drops of Lemongrass oil, and set it outside where they were going in.

Didn't take but about 20 minutes before the swarm moved in and covered the box. We caught the queen in a queen clip and placed her inside. Then we just sat and watched as they marched into the box. Loaded them up and came home.

Wish they could all be that way.

Homeowner took a few pics. I'll post them when he emails them to me.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The swarm had not gotten there yet. It was scouts only. When the swarm got there, we had the hive waiting.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Next thing I can see happening is Iddee driving up to a swarm call site with a box sitting in the back of his truck, sipping on a coffee listening to tunes on the radio, and when the bees are done moving into the box, he'll start the truck and leave, never having to get out!
Bee whisperer I tell you. :bow:

·
Registered
974 Posts
PerryBee said:
Next thing I can see happening is Iddee driving up to a swarm call site with a box sitting in the back of his truck, sipping on a coffee listening to tunes on the radio, and when the bees are done moving into the box, he'll start the truck and leave, never having to get out!
Bee whisperer I tell you. :bow:
Now that sounds like Iddee's game :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
PerryBee said:
Lemongrass oil is beginning to sound like liquid gold to me, gotta get some. :thumbsup:
I slung Lemongrass oil over that boat near my bees and I continue to get swarms off of it. Took #18 off of it yesterday. Thinking of putting empty boxes there soon so I won't have to box them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts