Eat Your Heart Out U.S., It's Official

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Walt B, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Walt B

Walt B New Member

Just read this on the local TV web site:

LUBBOCK (September 8, 2011)—National Weather officials say Texas just finished the hottest June through August on record in the U.S.

National Weather Service meteorologist Victor Murphy told The Associated Press Thursday that Texas' 86.8-degree average topped Oklahoma's 85.2-degree average in 1934.

The Dust Bowl year is now third on the list for the three-month span, behind Oklahoma's heat wave this June through August when temperatures averaged 86.5 degrees.

Both states and others in the nation's southern tier have baked in triple-digit heat this summer.

Texas had its hottest June on record, the fifth warmest month overall, and July was the warmest month ever.

Oklahoma's July was the country's highest monthly average temperature ever, 89.1 degrees.

Louisiana's heat this June through August puts it in the fourth spot all-time at 84.5 degrees.

Walt

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

we got braggin' rights?

3. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

At least you have pipelines and running water, something that wasn't available in the dust bowl years

4. riverrat

riverrat New Member

you win we quit :rolling:

5. me2pl

me2pl New Member

I like california, let's not move to texas

6. Walt B

Walt B New Member

We just had some windows installed. We thought it would be the same crew that did the first installation...they were from Michigan.

They went back! :eek:

Walt