Ebay $12000 for Hives

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blueblood, Aug 16, 2012.

1. blueblood

blueblood New Member

2. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

That's some serious bee stuff! :shock:

3. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

A set-up like that should include some other important items--clothing, tools, extractor.... Why are they not included. Are all the hives bee-less? With bees it might be more tempting. [Not that I'm in a position to bid or to pick it up....I should keep my mouth shut]

4. indypartridge

indypartridge New Member

It says "Most of this equipment was sitting in or around my barn for the last several years", so it appears it's just boxes & frames. Looks like most of the boxes are homemade (no finger joints or rabbet joints) and have seen better days.

5. blueblood

blueblood New Member

I agree Indy...I was not considering this listing in the least...I too think 12k is shooting for the stars. Now, I would offer to take them off of his property and out of his way for a nominal fee. :smile:

6. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

12 grand. Was that the asking price or what he was willing to pay to haul that junk off? :lol:

7. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

He should try selling that stuff by the cord lol

8. kebee

kebee Active Member

You know he is thinking there is some fool out there that might take him up on it, I myself would have been ashame to put it out there without first cleaning them up good and a couple coats of paint.

kebee

9. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

He really should have given it all a coat of paint. Might look like a deal to someone shopping for that much equipment and fresh on what it would all cost new. At the very least that is a lot of plastic frames. Not a very attractive price for the boxes and pallets though. Not to me anyway.