Emil Kaluza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tecumseh, Jun 27, 2013.

1. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

I am not certain how many people here knew or were acquainted with Emil Kaluza? I suspect he hung out more at BeeMaster than here but I do know some time ago I referred him to Iddee since he had asked me about trap outs. Emil was a member of our bee club (Central Texas Beekeeper) and had formed a sister club which met up down around La Grange. It has been reported to me by our club's president that Emil has passed away. I know over the last several years he had a good deal of health problem... although given his record of doing cut out and often time taking along an apprentice to teach them directly about cut out you might have though otherwise. He was one of the few people around here I knew who had kept bees as long as myself and his understanding and knowledge of bee will be sorely missed. Emil (like a lot of long time beekeepers I know) had a quirky sense of humor and from the very first time you met him you had absolutely no doubt he was the authentic item.ET Ash

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Sorry to hear that, Tec. Please send his family my and the forums' condolences. He will be missed by many.