EPA tells Beekeepers to buzz off.

Discussion in 'Bee News' started by crazy8days, Aug 7, 2012.

1. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Thanks for posting...

2. Omie

Omie New Member

Very Discouraging.

3. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Well that ______,. Thanks for posting. I don't buy corn anymore. Or cornmeal or any processed food containing corn or HFCS. I don't feel like eating roundup or neonics.

We could start a boycott - not that it would do much good since the crop is so small the prices will be skyhigh...

4. Omie

Omie New Member

Gypsi, it's not just corn.

5. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

That's what happens when government is owned by big business.

6. Gypsi

Omie,

I am so overwhelmed right now I can barely remember my name. Corn, soybeans, and ??
    I eat virtually no processed food. Almost no wheat, almost no soy. (only when I am not at home and then it's either a hot dog bun or Subway's bread). I have food allergies to dairy, most of the processed stuff has some dairy in it, whether breads or stuff labeled with cheese. I can't even drink soy or almond milk, the allergy is to a protein and it is in everything from coffee creamer to soy milk and tofu.

So for me, it is vegetables and fruits, organic canned tomatoes, meat, eggs (from my hens - their feed doubtless contains soy and corn), oatmeal, lots of boring stuff livened up with herbs from my garden, and chocolate or stuff I make with cocoa for treats. It is not an enviable diet but has left me remarkably healthy for my age. I do eat some wheat - spaghetti noodles and very occasionally I bake my own bread. But I can probably boycott whatever they are using neonics on without changing my diet. I recognize that I am one person in a city of over a million. A city that is now contemplating aerial spraying for mosquitoes, which will likely leave the mosquitoes alive and well and my bees dead.

Gypsi

7. Gypsi

One more chance. The EPA is allowing a 2 day comment window, Avaaz.org is offering letter writing tips and a link with docket information:
    http://www.avaaz.org/en/hope_for_bees_usa/?tZaKsbb

I have no opinion to direct anyone else with. But I certainly used the link. And tweeted it. And facebooked it.