Excited to Start 2 Hives Next Year in Clanton, Alabama

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by brianrodgers, Aug 1, 2011.

1. brianrodgers

brianrodgers New Member

Technically Verbena, AL (Cooper)

I have 6 acres with a 3/4 acre spring-fed pond, so the setting seems to be ideal. Looking forward to it. Have read a lot of books and websites. Now, will slowly begin acquiring equipment.

2. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Welcome to the forum Brian.
    You have found the right place to learn more about beekeeping. I am a first year beekeeper, 2 colonies from packages, and 1 captured swarm.
    What I really like about this forum is that I haven't had to ask many questions. Just reading older posts-someone has already asked-and had it answered.
    If you have any questions-don't be afraid to ask. People are MORE than happy to answer, and no one will think you're stupid for asking. That's how us newbees learn. There are a bunch of friendly folks here, and we have a lot of fun with some of the posts, specifically the 2011 model Tecumseh organic hive ventilation device.
    In the meantime, while you are acquiring equipment (get plenty of woodenware), keep reading. Another good source is you-tube. Just search for beekeeping-there are hundreds of videos there covering all aspects of beekeeping.
    Again, welcome to the forum. We're looking forward to plenty of posts from you.
    Rodger

3. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Warm greetings to you Roger,
    A lot of us here started with "just" 2 hives. Before I new what had happened, I had so much honey that I didn't know what to do with it.
    We all wish you well and a productive association with the Forum.
    Keep your eyes attuned to Iddee's words of wisdon--he says a lot of very important things without wasting any extra words. :thumbsup:
    Before you know it, you'll feel like youve been a long time friend with a lot of people here. :drinks:

4. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member

5. bamabww

bamabww New Member

I'm about 80 miles north in Lawrence county near Moulton. Just started in April of this year with two hives. Good luck.

6. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

Welcome to the forum Brian :wave: ,a lot of fine helpful folks here to help you get started :thumbsup: .

7. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Hi there, welcome aboard! Jump right in with any questions...this really is a great group of people and a friendly place to be.

8. riverrat

riverrat New Member

welcome aboard look forward to you being an active part of the forum stop in often and be active. We can learn from old an new alike. And you couldnt find a better site to share ideas on bees

9. Walt B

Walt B New Member

Welcome Brian. :hi:

Sounds like you have the right approach: Read. learn, and then jump right in. Beekeeping is a wonderful experience. You're going to have fun! :thumbsup:

Walt