Extra Packages Anyone???

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by melrose, May 14, 2013.

1. melrose

melrose New Member

Once again, I'm in need of a couple of package bees.
    Let me first explain why I'm in this dilemma, I work, always, out of state, for months at a time, unsually until May.
    I cannot place an order early for a particular pick/delivery as I'm not home to put the bees in their new home.
    (Parson's.... take note of the above) I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE, and WOULD PREFER NOT TO BE REFERRED TO OR GROUPED AS "FOLKS LIKE YOU".
    I don't need to be berrated by you or anyone else, simply because I chose to contact you for assistance. You can rest assured that I WILL NOT AGAIN. :ranting:
    Now that I've vented;
    I have two top bar hives that need bees. I have ordered 5 nukes from Johnston's in anticipation of winter loss, but need two packages for the TBHs.
    I live in Mexico, NY, am presently in Plymouth, Ma, expected return home date on the 23rd of this month.
    I would be willing to travel to pick these up on the way home, or travel a couple few hours any direction once I get home in ordr to fill the TBHs.

Please contact me if anybody knows somebody... :beg:

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Don't know who Parson's are/is, but they don't sound like "my kinda people"! :roll:
    Sorry you had to put up with that nonsense.

3. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

If you want some shipped, I think you can still get packages from Pigeon Mountain Trading Company in GA.

4. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Check with Fords Honey Farm in Newport, NY. About 78 miles from you. Phone is 315-891-3339.

5. Iddee

Iddee New Member

PM Larry Tate on this forum.

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

a snip..
    I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE, and WOULD PREFER NOT TO BE REFERRED TO OR GROUPED AS "FOLKS LIKE YOU".

tecumseh...
    you sound a bit too normal. I am still amazed at how this seasonally affected disorder (SAD) operates for these few months in the spring time and invariable how horrible it affects perfectly normal folks. Odd ain't it ... in most business you might call at almost any time of year and they would start the conversation with... 'how may I help you' and end it with 'thank you for your business'. This has to be one of the strangest business/job description I have ever had the pleasure to participate in... but it is none the less extremely odd.

7. melrose

melrose New Member

:thumbsup:

Thanks guys..

8. melrose

melrose New Member

I found some packages from Pigeon Mt, delivery date, a day after I get home. Thank you fellas