favorites?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tecumseh, Jul 1, 2010.

1. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

ummmm... I have been enjoying some tree ripened peaches and blue bell 'homemade vanilla' ice cream. what's your favorite treat at this time of year.

2. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Bacon and tomato sandwich, fresh corn on the cobb and home made banana walnut ice cream. :thumbsup: Jack

P.S. i gained 5 lbs just thinking about it, Thanks tec. :lol: :lol:

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

watermelon...........ice cold, crunchy, sweet

sweet corn...............fresh out of the garden, boiled, plenty of butter and bacon grease, about a dozen ears

okra...........fried, big skillet full

peach cobbler...............made in an iron skillet with lots of crust and homemade ice cream

honey..............big chunk of light amber burr comb

cantaloupe..............cold, soft and sweet

oh the list is endless

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Ice Cream, strawberry pie, banana pudding

5. beehandler

beehandler New Member

air conditioning !!!

6. riverrat

riverrat New Member

my favorite this time of year is vanilla strawberry ice cream with honey on top

7. Walt B

Walt B New Member

I was going to say "almost any ice cream Blue Bell makes", but I think I found a new "favorite...a salad.

My wife fixeda salad that was a hollowed out tomato filled with a tuna-anchovie mix with olive oil, onions and black pepper. The tomato was surrounded with cucumber slices and tomato pulp. Had toasted herb bread to put some of the stuffing on. What a great lunch on a hot day!

Good wife. :)

Walt

8. cow pollinater

cow pollinater New Member

Tec, plant some tropic snow peaches and you won't have any use for the ice cream. I have to be careful about eating mine since I live on Elberta road and the peach by that name was discovered right up the road by my great-grandad. My dad comes over every once in a while and blows up at me. Acording to him Santa Rosa plums and Elberta offshoots are the only fruit wrth having.
    I also drool over green gage plums and any pluot but the crown jewels of my orchard are the apriums. The apriums are like candy. I start eating them before they even get fully ripe.

9. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

Apriums.... never hear of those or pluot or gage plums. in my mind almost any kind of tree ripened fruit is difficult to beat... with or without the blue bell ice cream.

10. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

HOME MADE ice cream with honey mixed into every drop, just like Has and Das.

A finely grilled steak smothered in shroons saved in the freezer just for this time of year.

Cool sady resting spots along the creek watching the wild life. Lately it has been a doe with a pair of speedy fawns.

:mrgreen: Al

11. Walt B

Walt B New Member

I was going to say "just about any flavor of Blue Bell ice creram", but then Jane fixed a summer salad for lunch. It was a hollowed out tomato filled with a mixture of tuna, chopped anchovies, chopped onion, olive oil, and black pepper. The tomato was surrounded with cucumber slices that were drizzled with the tomato pulp mixed with the anchovie oil. Toasted herb bread was served on the side.

Yep, a new "favorite" summer treat.

Walt