Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,317 Posts
G3
First off can see drawn comb on the frames so was at one time a managed colony or was on a managed colony. the excessive brace comb probably was result of no ability to expand the colony and created comb wherever they could to store nectar, and pollen. yeah I would try to manulipate them just to be able to see whats inside.and place them in a better managed enviroment. Easier on the two of you. As for swarm production, from my perspective, would be a shame to lose the colony with the possibilies of several after swarms that you may never have seen. When left to chance anything can happen, and in many instances has happened, resulting in loss of queen and colony if not caught early. Better to civilize them in my way of thinking.
Barry

· Registered
1,317 Posts
G3,
I would venture to say still feral, and to me, wild and feral are same thing. And as they are still inside the tree trunk/ branch. They are still in a unmanaged enviroment. Still doing what they were doing prior to your arrivial execpt for now new location. Assuming you haven't opened them up and started to relocate them into a standard hive, frames all that, to my thinking, feral.
Barry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.