fINALLY GOT THE dr'S gETTING ME BACK TOGETHER

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverrat, Mar 31, 2012.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Im back to feeling like 100 percent when I get up and energy levels after noon to about 4 drop and got to lay down, We are working on fixing that, During the day I have been working on Bens Bees stencils and our innercover. Both are getting close to being done thanks for alls patience and well wishes while I heal up. I do have some concentration issues and staying focused, but getting better. Hopefully that will come around soon. The DR's have changed my diet and exercising and we are looking at losing about 50 lbs of weight. then we should be up and going.:thumbsup:

2. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

River, we're with you. Drop those 50 following Dr's advice on how to do it and how fast. We look forward to that 100%. I'll bet your boys can suggest some fancy exercises for you.

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

sounds good to me, just don't over do it too fast!! Just good to hear you are back up and running.

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Hey River:
    Take your time buddy. 50lbs has to come off slowly (unless you do something completely foolish like buy a house and try to completely renovate it in a very short period of time, draining your bank acc.............sorry, rambling a bit there).
    Put yourself first, maybe something you are not used to, but in doing so you will become even more valuable to those that need and rely on you.

5. Tyro

Tyro Member

Extra weight can be brutal on you! When I got married (5 years ago) and moved up here to ND - I put on 35 extra lbs. (I LOVE food - Italian mother, grew up on homemade sauces, meatballs, pasta, etc.). My joints hurt, my back hurt, I didn't have any energy, couldn't fit into my clothes, etc. Finally, the wife had enough and January the diet started. So far, I have dropped 15lbs. So that is about 5lbs/month.

It is a long, slow slog - but already I feel better. Hang in there rat, don't get discouraged. That first month is the worst as you re-adjust your diet and habits.

Mike

6. kebee

kebee Active Member

I only eat two meals a day, morning breakfast and dinner around 1:30 to 2 oclock. Don"t eat an even meal. I have been at my present weight now for the past 40 years or more. It was hard doing this when I was working my tail off, but not as hard now that I am retired.

kebee