Finally got them painted.

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Medic1259, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Medic1259

Medic1259 New Member

Well it was slow day with the cleanout from the flood. The 40yrd dumpster is full. I took the day off thinking that the cleanup crew would be here for another full day but I was wrong.. They were her for 15 min. just checked the dehumidifers and droped off a few air scrubers. So I figured.. its not that windy (40 mph gusts) I could paint the hives. Fo I set up in the driveway between the houses and start painting.. a few min in and I smell something burning... 2 Brush Fires one about a mile to my east and the other 4 miles to the west..so in my head I am waiting for all the ash to start falling... But it didnt.. thank god.

So I continue painting 4 supers , 2 bottom boards , 2 top covers , and a hive top feeder. I havent seen a single bee yet this year. then a bumble bee came by buzzed my hezd and flew away.. Looked like he was checking out the new construction in his area.. I think he was looking for a building permit ( remember its NYC so the city want money for everything).. I finish up and just as I am about to remove the painters tape from the edge here comes my little bee inspector again checking to see if everything was up to code... Well I guess it was no fine ...

2. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

Glad it was you doing the painting and not me. I can't stand painting.:grin:

James

3. jim314

jim314 New Member

Me either, but I enjoy building them :)

4. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

Oh yeah, building them is a completely different story.

5. Omie

Omie New Member

Medic, what color paint did you choose?

6. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Pictures, pictures, they're worth a thousand words. :thumbsup: :lol:

7. Medic1259

Medic1259 New Member

Well I now hate painting too..lol.. I painted them white because it was the only paint I had... Perry I will get the pics in a few days.. I should be able to have them friday. I have been too busy taking pics of the flood damage .. I will say this I never realized how much junk I kept for no reason at all till i had to throw it out during the cleanup.

8. G3farms

G3farms New Member

..........and you will remember why you kept that junk when you need it and don't have it anymore!

Glad things are going your way on the flooded basement!

9. DLMKA

DLMKA New Member

Should be plenty of room in the basement now to put more extra woodware!

10. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Might even need to buy a table saw to help with the renovations of the basement also, at least that is what you tell the wife.

11. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Never refer to it as junk. I always refer to it as a bunch of "just in case" and "you never know". :lol: