Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was slow day with the cleanout from the flood. The 40yrd dumpster is full. I took the day off thinking that the cleanup crew would be here for another full day but I was wrong.. They were her for 15 min. just checked the dehumidifers and droped off a few air scrubers. So I figured.. its not that windy (40 mph gusts) I could paint the hives. Fo I set up in the driveway between the houses and start painting.. a few min in and I smell something burning... 2 Brush Fires one about a mile to my east and the other 4 miles to the west..so in my head I am waiting for all the ash to start falling... But it didnt.. thank god.

So I continue painting 4 supers , 2 bottom boards , 2 top covers , and a hive top feeder. I havent seen a single bee yet this year. then a bumble bee came by buzzed my hezd and flew away.. Looked like he was checking out the new construction in his area.. I think he was looking for a building permit ( remember its NYC so the city want money for everything).. I finish up and just as I am about to remove the painters tape from the edge here comes my little bee inspector again checking to see if everything was up to code... Well I guess it was no fine ...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Glad it was you doing the painting and not me. I can't stand painting.:grin:

James

·
Registered
164 Posts
Oh yeah, building them is a completely different story.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I now hate painting too..lol.. I painted them white because it was the only paint I had... Perry I will get the pics in a few days.. I should be able to have them friday. I have been too busy taking pics of the flood damage .. I will say this I never realized how much junk I kept for no reason at all till i had to throw it out during the cleanup.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
..........and you will remember why you kept that junk when you need it and don't have it anymore!

Glad things are going your way on the flooded basement!

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Might even need to buy a table saw to help with the renovations of the basement also, at least that is what you tell the wife.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts